Friday 16 December 2011

LOG ENTRY #10 - Shielded from Reality.

There are days when you just dont want to get out of bed. When you just want to sink down, underneath the heaps of cosy blankets and pillows. Most would expect these days to come when one is depressed or sad, or just feeling under the weather.
For me, it happened on the day my exams finished. It was not something done intentionally, to avoid having to answer questions about whether or not I had been invited to the "It" get togethers hosted by the "It Girls". No.. It was merely me, shielding myself from the world. It was me, tired of the world and it's neverending chatter. It was an attempt to calm myself, saying, "Whoa there.. slow down."
Sometimes you just want to get away from it all, and just be happy and celebrate small things. Like listening to music you haven't heard for a long time, or reading a childhood favorite, or calling an old friend on the phone and catching up. I've realised how happy these small things make me, and after the fast-paced cramming phase comes to an end, I'm not one of those who would go all out and roam around the city, going wild.
My fun lies with me, myself and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment