Thursday 13 October 2011

LOG ENTRY #1 - Blink

The first thing you should know about me, is that I'm a Dr. Who fanatic, but by no means is this the most important thing you should know about me (the most important thing is that I can't bear people poking their forks in my plate, so please.. Get Your Own.)
Back to the Doctor; a recent episode I watched, concerned statues. Statues of weeping angels to be exact. And in that episode I was introduced to a chilling, thrilling (I don't want to believe it's fictional!) little possibility. What happens to statues.. when we're not looking at them?
They're still and set in stone and all that.. yes. But thats when we're looking at them. Have you ever wondered if there is a change in a statue when NO-ONE is looking at them?
The episode, by the name of "BLINK", was one which I found really really cool! It's just the subtlility of it all that really captures your attention. In this episode, we are introduced to ... can't believe I forgot her name! Let's just call her Blondie. Anyway, Blondie creeps into this deserted mansion like any other, oblivious-of-the-potential-danger leading lady. She sees a statue of a weeping angel, with it's eyes covered by it's hands in the garden outside the shattered window. She comes across a message on a wall , which warns her against the 'Weeping Angel', and the message is signed "The Doctor (1969)". This obviously indicates that the Doctor had written this message in 1969, when he was meant to be sometime else.
Blondie then notices the statue is nearer to the window then before.
Intrigued, she returns the next day with a friend and as the story unfolded, I for one was on tenterhooks, ears peeled for every single dialogue.
I highly recommend watching this episode because it is one seriously cool story about seemingly stationary foes who strike .. within the Blink of an Eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment